Thursday, December 2, 2010

I love you this day!

For as long as I can remember the saying "I love you this day" has been a latch key phrase in my home. Kaleb now 12 was only 4 or 5 and was eating his must have pop tart breakfast when suddenly and out of the blue he looks up at Donna and says " Donna, I love you this day." The innocence of this phrase made it a keeper.

Now years later we still sign notes, emails, or end phone calls with that simple phrase. Every time I say it or hear it I cant help but to have my heart warm. With life being so crazy and things seeming so tough at times its hard to remember the most wonderful things in life that God has blessed us with, Our families.

My hope with this blog is to let you in on my little family. To help others understand the struggles that come with raising children with special / medical needs, and to share with you all the blessings and joy that comes with this life as I know it.

1 comment:

  1. This is my favorite memory...2nd best:
    Waking up to find 4-year old Kaleb in a white t-shirt (formerly white) and his tightie whities covered in soot from head to toe. he was carrying a bucket of black water filled with toilet paper and another roll in his other hand. I said, Kaleb what are you doing?
    "I am cleaning the fireplace for Santa Claus"
    you cant buy moments like that.

    ReplyDelete