Thursday, December 16, 2010

My Christmas prayer

This year has been full of ups and downs. The most of it busy and unpredictable. But between all the Dr's visits, the classes and the struggles, I have been blessed. This time last year I was one of the families being "adopted" and having Christmas gifts provided for me and the kids. This year I was the sponsor of a family in need. Last Dec. I wasn't sure I would even have enough money to pay my phone bill or buy food. This Dec I paid all my bills on time and had money to spare. I have seen the changes in myself and in my life that God had promised me last fall. I knew these changes were coming yet I never thought it would be like this. I cant see the future but I think that this year is going to be big!

Last year at Christmas I told God I just wanted to be the person that he wanted me to be, that I would do or go anywhere He wanted me to. I don't think that I knew how big that prayer was until now. I have overcome so much, went from a client to a mentor, a loner to a groupie, from broke and struggling to everything and everyone paid on time. I know that each and every one of those thing are an act of God. I know that these are the small things that God can, is and will do in my life.

This year if I can only have one answered prayer it would go something like this:

Dear God,

I know that you know all the health problems that Jaxson has. You created him and knew him before even I.
You are the King of Kings and Lord of Lords. You are the ultimate physician. You took those stripes on the cross for our healing, and I ask you now for a miracle. Please heal my baby. Take away all the pain, the drugs, the machines. Take him in your arms and wash all the disease away. Let him be granted more good days in 2011 than bad ones. Please God, make him a whole, healthy 2 year old and let this year be better than his last. Allow me to be the Godly influence in my boy's life that they need. Watch over them and protect them through the year to come and for all this I give you the honor and the glory, forever and ever, Amen 

No comments:

Post a Comment